Here's how to draw a rose, step-by-step. It's really simple. Even with no drawing skills, you should be able to come up with a fairly nice looking rose. And even if you can't, it's the thought that counts, right?
- First draw a vertical line, which will be your stem and the foundation for your rose. It should be a pretty straight line, but it's okay if it is not.
- Next, draw some thorns coming out of the stem, but not too many. To do this, draw lines upwards coming out of the stem. Then draw a sharp point at the tip of your thorn pointing down.
- Now draw a horizontal line with two half-spheres to make the top of the leaf. At the end of the leaf, draw a line that goes back through the leaf and into your step to make the leaf shape. Go ahead a draw a couple more leaves to the side as well.
- Make one line going through the center of the leaf, and another smaller line attaching that canter line to the edge of the leaf.
- Now start drawing banana shaped leaves at the top of the stem. You can make about 8 of these in different sizes an shapes.
- Make two large teardrops on the top of the leafs, and then a few more behind them.
- Now you can ad the bud in the middle of the flower, which should be slightly open.
- That's it! Now color and shade.